Something Is Missing from Your Smile, We Can Help.
A dental bridge, also known as a fixed partial denture, is used to replace one or more missing teeth, to help maintain the shape of your face, and to alleviate stress on your bite. A dental bridge consists of three parts: a dental crown on each site and a false tooth, called a pontic, in the middle. Your bridge is anchored onto surrounding natural teeth for support; thus, your surrounding teeth need to be prepared to act as anchor teeth for a bridge. This is irreversible procedure and can be prevented at Aria Dental by other solutions for missing teeth such as Implant-supported Bridges or single tooth implant that give you a firm bite, better fit, and longer life time.
During your consultation with your skilled and expert general and cosmetic dentist, Dr. Maryam Horiyat, she will discuss your tooth replacement options and help you decide the best options with providing a treatment plan that solve your problem of missing teeth. To make an appointment, please call Aria Dental at (949) 364-9600 or in Mission Viejo, California to schedule your appointment.
What are Dental Bridges Made of?
Your bridge can be made from different materials:
- Porcelain Bridge
- Gold Bridge
- Metal- alloys Bridge
- A combination of above materials
The Process of Dental Bridge
A minimum of two visits are required for placing a dental bridge. During your first visit, the surrounding teeth are prepared to be fitted with a crown, and a digital impression without gooey materials is taken. Then, Dr. Horiyat fits your teeth with a temporary bridge to protect them while the bridge is being prepared at the laboratory.
At the second visit, the temporary bridge is removed and replaced with the new permanent bridge.
Type of Dental Bridges
- Traditional Fixed Bridge - This is the most common type of dental bridge, in which porcelain crowns are placed over the two surrounding teeth and used as anchors to hold the fale tooth in place.
- Cantilever Bridge - This type of bridge is used when teeth are present on only one side of the gap. This type of bridge is typically placed in the area of your mouth that does not experience an intense chewing load such as your front teeth.
- Resin-Bonded Bridge - In this type of bridge, the metal bands are bonded to the surrounding teeth with resin to hold a plastic false tooth in place. This type of bridge is typically used in areas of the mouth that undergo less stress such as the front teeth.
Conventional Clasped Partial
Distal Free End Partial
Single or Multiple Dental Implant
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Restore a smile
- Prevent remaining teeth from moving out of position
- Maintain the ability to properly chew and speak
- Distribute the forces of your bite evenly
- Prevent the shape of the face from shrinking
Fitting & Proper Dental Bridge Restoration...No more Loose & Old Partials
If your dental bridge or partial are showing their age (and yours!) or if you’ve never been happy with their look and fit, you could be taking chances with your oral and overall health as well as your self-esteem. Now could be the perfect time to replace your dental bridge restoration that fits perfect and makes you look more beautiful and younger.
Learn About Affordable and Modern Dental Bridges & Alternatives
Dr. Maryam Horiyat can get the process started for having a high-quality and perfectly fitted affordable bridge. We do not make cheap bridges because we strongly believe that our patients should be comfortable in their prosthesis. However, dental bridges are not the only option
- Fixed Bridges
- Removable Bridges or Dentures
- Dental Implants
To REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT:
Please call us at (949) 364-9600 or