Holistic Hygiene Program & Family Dentistry: Preventing Problems Before They Start
Great Oral Health Starts Here.
Your oral health is essential to the well-being of your entire body. To achieve better overall health, preventive dental care such as routine dental exams, regular cleaning, sealants is the best investment you can make. The preventive dental care not only protect your natural teeth and gum from onset, progress, and recurrence of dental conditions like cavities, gum disease, and enamel loss, but also extend the life of your restoration.
Don’t let your regular dental care be neglected. Protect your teeth and your overall health by scheduling a dental appointment at Aria Dental to see Orange County's top hygienist and Dr. Maryam Horiyat. Please call or text Aria Dental at (949) 364-9600 or in Mission Viejo, California to schedule your preventive dental care appointment.
Why Do You Need Dental Cleaning & Preventive Care?
The mouth appears as an open ecosystem with a dynamic balance between the microorganisms and colonization modalities. In order to survive, pathogenic or "disease causing" micro-organisms such as bacteria need to adhere to either epithelial (soft) surfaces such as gum tissue or hard surfaces such as teeth. This fact is proven by the direct correlation of oral biofilm formation and the most common oral pathologies such as dental caries, periodontal disease, and peri-implantitis. Therefore, we need dental cleaning and preventive care for two major reasons:
- Oral Health: The biofilms and plaque support a mixed type infection made of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and even parasites. This biofilm not only causes the damage to hard surface of teeth such as cavities, but also leads to periodontitis which is a destructive inflammatory disease of the supporting tissues of the teeth. The periodontitis could result in progressive destruction of periodontal ligament and alveolar bone with periodontal pocket formation, gingival recession, or both.
- Body Health: Dental cleaning and preventive care is very important because the condition of the mouth - a micro-environment of the body - can influence and reflect your overall health. As proven, each tooth is connected by acupuncture meridian to other party of your body. So, disease in your tooth, not only is affecting your oral health, but also has ramifications in the health of other organs, glands, musculature, joint, and nervous system.
Therefore, you need to see your hygienist routinely as recommended by your dentist to protect your oral health and your overall wellness.
Two Ways to Remove Biofilm & Plaques
The oral cavity is a sea of micro-organism normally living in the balance with the entire body. When this balance is lost, the pathogenetic (disease causing) micro-organisms become dominant and create what we call biofilm. This biofilm supports different types of infections such as bacteria, fungi, yeast, viruses, and parasites. There are two main ways to remove biofilms and plaques:
- Conventional method which is mechanical removal of biofilms and adjunctive use of drugs such as antibiotics with the consequence of drug side-effects. In addition to drug side-effects, we need a different drugs to eliminate different types of biofilm such as bacteria or fungi and their dominance. After certain time, our body become resistance to antibiotics and the same medication will not work.
- Revolutionary method is Ozone (O3) Therapy is a minimally invasive and conservative application for natural healing without any side-effects after mechanical scaling and ultrasonic scaling. Ozone not only kills the bad bacteria, fungi, viruses, and protozoans, but also it removes their breakdown products as well as other necrotic debris. Oxygen/Ozone Therapy is the best and most optimal method to treat and eliminate all types of infections as well as support the surrounding healthy tissue without toxic side effects.
Who Benefits from Preventive Dentistry?
Everyone benefits from preventive dentistry. children, in particular, benefit because it allows their newly developing permanent teeth to grow strong and healthy. Instead of using toxic fluoride treatment, Ozone (O3) therapy and dental sealant help to prevent decay in your children’s teeth. If you are an aging adult, you can benefit from preventive dentistry because it helps to protect your natural teeth and expand the life of your restored tooth.
What Makes Dr. Horiyat’s General Dentistry So Spectacular?
Our patients feel very contented while getting treatment from Dr. Horiyat, general, cosmetic, holistic, and biological dentist. Loyalty of our patients is the outcome of their trust; the foundation of their trust is Dr. Horiyat who believes in making lasting impressions with her meticulous and genuine personality, attention to detail, and exceptional care. Dr. Horiyat prides herself on being a patient-centered dental provider and has earned the loyalty of her patients through her dedication and commitment. Dr. Horiyat goes above and beyond the call of duty at its finest; she has been at the forefront of innovation and state-of-the-art dentistry. Her commitment to remain at the forefront of the latest advancements in dentistry ensures that her patients receive state-of-the-art treatments in the safest, most comfortable and soothing manner possible.
At Aria Dental, if it is necessary we take x-rays for your baseline. Our hi-tech digital X-rays uses up to 90% less radiation than film x-rays to look for any cavities between teeth, determine the jaw bone level, analyze the health of your bone, examine the roots and nerves of your teeth.
We take pictures of the inside of your mouth, using HD IRIS 3.0 Intraoral camera. Then images of your teeth will be sharpened, magnified, and projected onto LED monitor for closer inspection. These images help our dentists to get a closer look at any hidden problems and help you to enhance your understanding of your diagnosis.
We take your facial pictures to evaluate your facial profile, overall look of your smile and your bite.
In addition, you are interested in cosmetic dentistry, we take your facial pictures to evaluate your smile and facial analysis.
Oral Exams & Consultation
After reviewing your dental and medical health history, Dr. Maryam Horiyat will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth, gum, bite, and your overall smile. Then Dr. Horiyat will discuss your goals and concerns regarding your oral health and smile because as an IAOMT and IABDM certified and accredited holistic, biological, and integrative cosmetic dentist, she understands the connection of your teeth to your rest of your body.
The goal of oral cancer screening is to identify mouth cancer early, when there is a greater chance for a cure. During a routine dental visit to screen for oral cancer, our dentists will perform an examination of your mouth by examining intraoral cavity, tongue, floor or the mouth, and hard and soft palate. We also offer CT-scan and panoramic X-rays.
An advanced laser technology that detects early cavities in the grooves of teeth and around old filling. It is important to detect early cavities because they could be reversed by Ozone (O3) therapy without allowing to progress to the point to need a dental filling.
Advanced technologies such as iTero® digital scans, Cephlometeric X-rays, 3D CT-scans, Invisalign® Pro, smilestream, and Lumineers® technology are used for further evaluation of your smile.
As part of our general & cosmetic dentistry along holistic / biological dentistry and all board-certified specialties, Aria Dental offers numerous preventive dental care procedures such as regular dental cleanings (Prophylactic Hygiene) for both adults and children.
For regular dental cleaning, we use ultrasonic scalers Piezo to apply a high frequency sound wave to gently and painlessly break apart hardened plaque, tartar, and heavy stain from surface of your teeth without harming your teeth or causing discomfort. Then we polish your teeth, giving them a smooth and bright look. After your dental cleaning, if you are still not satisfied with the color of your teeth, it is time to consider professional teeth whitening to make your smile whiter, brighter, and more beautiful.
If plaques and tartar are building up below gum line and there is a sign of untreated periodontitis, our hygienists will not perform regular cleaning since it is against standard of care; thus, they recommend to immediately do deep cleaning to treat your gum disease since it is treatable, curable, and most importantly preventable.
Our hygienists might also recommend any of the following advanced therapies to arrest micro-organisms such as bacteria, fungi, parasites and to achieve better and faster result for reversing gum disease:
- Ozone (O3) Therapy: Applying different application form of Oxygen/Ozone therapy such as ozonated water, ozonated oils, or placing oxygen/ozone directly into the infected pockets.
- Laser Therapy: Applying energy released from Diode Soft Tissue Laser to remove bacteria and allow healthy gum to regrow.
The Result of Your Investment on Preventive Care
Preventive dental care is the best way to avoid serious and costly dental problems and ultimately medical bills. Preventive detnal care is also a key to ensure that your natural teeth and dental restorations last long. If you neglect your preventive dental care, your natural teeth as well as restored teeth with dental crowns and dental implants are more susceptible to gingivitis and periodontal disease.
If you have a chipped, stained, worn down, or uneven teeth, your dental professional at Aria Dental can makeover your smile by Porecelain Veneers, Lumineers, Snap-on, or Crowns to create a unique and bright smile for you.
If you have a missing tooth, cracked tooth or loose denture, Dr. Maryam Horiyat and her team of board-certified Periodontal & Implant Associates can replace them with dental implants while maintaining the anatomy and original teeth functions.
To REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT:
Please call or text us at (949) 364-9600 or