Natural, Non-Toxic, White, & Biocompatible Fillings, Inlays, and Onlays (Metal-Free, BPA-Free, and Bis GMA- Free Fillings)
Not only Mercury-Free, but also Mercury-Safe
Most people need at least on tooth filling in their lifetime. A Dental filling helps to restore damaged tooth by decay back to their normal function, integrity, and morphology, and can prevent further decay. A dental filling is also used to repair cracked, broken, or worn tooth.
Dr. Maryam Horiyat, cosmetic dentist, will help you and your children at any age with white metal-free & mercury-free dental fillings, ensure the best comfort and pain-free experience before, during, and after the procedure, and will happily answer any questions you may have. She avoids using any metal in the mouth due to its galvanizing properties and possible toxicity.
She is a licensed from Academy of Oral Medicine Toxicology (IAOMT) to apply SAFE MERCURY AMALGAM TECHNIQUE (SMART) to safely removing of existing toxic mercury silver fillings without exposing the patients to harmful mercury vapor during removal. Her office is fully equipped with hi-tech materials and equipment for safety of her patients and staffs.
Reverse Your Early Caries Without any Need for Fillings: Licensed from American Academy of Ozonotherapy (AAOt), Dr. Maryam Horiyat can reverse your early caries with OZONE THERAPY to avoid any need for a filling restoration by arresting and disinfecting small cavities.
Fillings with No drill & No Anesthetic...No Injection: When necessary, we treat fillings with latest CO2 laser, which will cut carious tissue without the need for anesthetic or a drill.
Dr. Horiyat and her skilled licensed hygienists can examine your entire mouth and show you the real-time image of your teeth and cavity on a monitor instead of dental mirror by using high resolution intraoral camera. She also can detect and diagnose any hidden or early cavity using high performance laser cavity detection. Aria Dental in Mission Viejo can include these valuable services at no additional fee with your regular checkup after your cleaning appointment.
If you are looking for an attractive option to conventional fillings and want to learn more about Metal-free fillings (white) in Orange County, please call Aria Dental @ (949) 364-9600 or in Mission Viejo to request for an appointment with Dr. Horiyat to restore your tooth and prevent further decay or to replace your silver amalgam fillings with composite resin fillings for appearance of very natural teeth.
Safe Mercury Removal Technique (SMART)
At Aria Dental – an Eco-Friendly Dental Office - we pay close attention to ensure the treatments offered and the materials used stay in tune with our biological philosophy. This means we eliminate the amount of metal dentistry used. We place extra emphasis on being a mercury-free (Holistic) practice. In fact, Dr. Horiyat has not placed a mercury amalgam filling in tooth more than a decade. As a mercury-free dentist in Orange County, Dr. Horiyat chooses superior porcelain and composite resin material whenever we fill a cavity or fix a broken tooth. This means you’re protecting your overall health while we’re treating your dental needs. In addition, she is an expert and certified in Safe Mercury Amalgam Technique (SMART) from International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT) and Holistic Dental Association (HDA) to completely protect you from any mercury exposure during the removal of your old silver mercury fillings.
The Benefit of Metal-free Fillings
Deposit the fact that there are various filling materials, Aria Dental, an Eco-Friendly dental office, only uses superior Composite or porcelain (white) fillings that gives:
- Natural looking
- Improved texture
- Better adhesion
- Restored strength
- Safer & healthier
- Affordable option
- Non-toxic & No heavy metals
- No harm to oral health and overall health
What’s Right Me?
Several factors influence the performance, durability, longevity, and expense of dental restoration.
- The components used in the filling materials.
- The amount of tooth structure remaining.
- Where and how the filling is placed.
- The chewing load that the tooth will have to bear.
- The balanced bite or occlusion.
- The length and number of visits needed to prepare and adjust the restored tooth.
- The regular dental hygiene.
Two Basic Types of Fillings:
Before your treatment begins, Dr. Horiyat will discuss with you all of your options and help you choose the best restoration option for your particular case. In preparation for this discussion, it may be helpful to understand the two basic types of fillings: Direct Dental Fillings and Indirect Dental fillings.
- Direct Filling (Regular Fillings): if you present with a small to average sized cavity resulting from tooth decay, you would be a candidate for a direct filling. Direct filling techniques are also referred as chairside filling because they are placed the same day you attend Aria Dental. While most common filling materials used to be silver amalgam, today, we use the most common direct filling, called composite resin filling or “white” fillings.
- Indirect Filling (Inlays, Onlays, and Dental Crowns): Indirect fillings required when tooth decay is extensive and there is not enough healthy tooth structure to hold a direct filling. In such cases, indirect restorations are fabricated from porcelain or zirconium in a dental lab or in dental office using CEREC. They are referred to as indirect restorations because they cannot be made directly to the tooth by packing or layering. Indirect restorations include Inlays, onlays, or crowns. Inlays are cemented inside the tooth within the cusps of the tooth; onlays involve replacing one or two cusps of the tooth as well as the inner layer; dental crowns fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
What to Expect During Your Visit to Aria Dental for a Filling?
Most of our dental filling procedures feature the followings:
- Digital scanning of your mouth with no radiation, using iTero as needed.
- Use a Cari-Vu to trans-illuminate your tooth to find hidden cavities without x-rays.
- Taking before and after images and low dose digital x-rays if it is necessary.
- Take Oral DNA testing and Bio-compatibility testing (optional) to utilize the safest and the most bio-compatible materials, methods, and techniques, especially when a sensitivity is suspected.
- Topical anesthetic to numb the area of treatment as needed.
- If it’s necessary, painless numbing injection.
- Decay removal from the affected tooth & cleaning the area.
- Applying Ozone Therapy (O3) as an Option to our patients to arrest and disinfect the area.
- Tooth restoration using a bio-compatible materials (Metal-free filling), methods, and techniques.
- Bite check to make sure your teeth align comfortably.
- Smile again with no visible filling.
How to Reverse Early Decays with Ozone Therapy?
Oxygen/ Ozone Therapy...Remineralization Treatment!
Cavities develop as the environment below the surface of the tooth becomes acidic. Ozone not only kills the acid-making bacteria, but also neutralized their acidic waste environment. This creates a new environment that is hostile to the bad bacteria. If you just kill off the bacteria, they’re back in weeks. But if you get rid of their acidic niche, they are gone for 2-3 months. Ozone treatments at this interval just might keep teeth decay-free indefinitely!
The new environment that occurs following bio-chemical change in the lesions allows minerals to flow back into the tooth, hardening and reversing the effects of decay.
If your tooth has a cavity with a damaged tooth structure, the ozone isn’t going to regrow that tooth structure. But if there is still structure remaining in the earlier phases of cavity attack, the cavity can heal, and structure can harden with a big contribution of ozone in this process.
To improve the chances of staying cavity-free, we can seal challenging grooves of the teeth with sealant. To speed up mineralization, we also recommend the use of calcium-rich MI paste Plus or products containing Novamin (GC America).
About Aria Dental in Mission Viejo
At Aria Dental, our goal is to practice effective, long-lasting dental treatments which consider every aspect of your physiology. For a safer, natural approach toward your oral health, request your appointment with the best mercury-free dentist in Orange County, Dr. Maryam Horiyat today!
Dr. Maryam Horiyat believes in mercury-fee dentistry and offers a wide range of metal-free services for you and your loved-one. To provide natural dentistry, Dr. Horiyat uses not only high-quality materials, but also safe materials for your health.
As being certified and a member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for more than a decade, Dr. Horiyat always pay attention to details and provides you with cosmetic dentistry even for your simple dental fillings.
At Aria Dental, we utilize hi-tech equipment and use the best and most innovative composite and porcelain materials from the most reputable worldwide manufactures such as 3M, Kerr, Coltene, and DenMat to provide most comfortable, long-lasting restorations while being affordable for you.
To REQUEST FOR AN APPOINTMENT:
Please call or text us at (949) 364-9600 or