Enjoy A Calm & Relaxing Dental Experience with Sedative Dentistry
Do you have dental fear or anxiety? Are you uncomfortable sitting in the dental chair for your treatment? Do you have trouble with gagging or getting numb? If your fear delays you from visiting your dentist, or the mere thought of stepping into dental office makes you anxious, you will be in great hand at Aria Dental.
Dr. Maryam Horiyat and her caring team has compassionate, skills, and gentle manner; they understand your trepidation and will help to relinquish the fear barrier keeping you from your best smile while helping to get dental care free from pain, stress, and fear.
To overcome your dental anxiety and have a more comfortable and pleasant dental visit, call us at (949) 364-9600 or in Mission Viejo today to put your dental anxiety behind you...just like many of our patients.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is a modern solution and alternative to traditional treatment that effectively allows you to relax and diminishes sensation by its amnesiac effect, so you have no recollection of the time it took, the pain, the noise, or the discomfort. Sedation can be used for every procedure from simple tooth cleaning to invasive procedures. We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry.
Why Sedative Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry can help people who has:
- Dental phobia or anxiety
- History of traumatic dental experience
- Difficulty getting numb with local anesthesia
- Sensitive teeth or gum
- Sensitive gag reflex
- Complex dental problems and a need for surgery
- Disability or special needs
Is Dental Sedation Safe?
Sedation dentistry is safe and rarely inteIs Dental Sedation Safe?ract with other medications you are taking, but you should consult with Dr. Horiyat about prescription, over-the-counter medication, or supplements you are taking. You should also mention any prior allergic reactions to medications, and whether you have a heart condition or any other medical conditions.
What Types of Sedation Are Available?
Our team at Aria Dental is proud to offer various level of sedation and anesthesia to ensure patients are completely comfortable throughout the most complex dental procedures.
- NITROUS OXIDE (Laughing Gas) is used as a mild sedation and still one of the most popular type of sedation. Nitrous Oxide is inhaled through the nose during the entire procedure. Nitrous Oxide elevates the general mood and can evoke a general sense of well-being. Most importantly, it relieves anxiety and reduces pain during the procedure. Recovery is quick, so you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- ORAL CONSCIOUS SEDATION is an excellent choice for needle-phobic patients. Prior to your treatment, you need to take a prescribed sedative medication to induce a moderate state of sedation by dulling senses. As a result, patients usually cannot remember the pain, noise or smell associated with dental procedure.
- IV SEDATION is a moderate type of sedation. Patients who have previously experienced IV sedation often report feeling like they slept deeply through the entire procedure. IV sedation is administered by our anesthesiologist or oral surgeon.